Monday, June 1, 2009

The Rocket City



I honestly could not think of the last time I was in my hometown of Rock Springs Wyoming (some pics above). Somewhere on the order of three years. It actually felt kind of good to drive thru the town and see all the new growth, including a little 9 hole disc golf course that I need to go play in the morning. Great to go for a walk in the desert, where I spent a good portion of my childhood. And amazing to hear the afternoon thunder showers roll thru town. Like a lot of the places I've visited on this trip, I am here at a great time of year. This time of year is really the best time to be in Rock Springs, the desert is in bloom, the winds haven't been too bad, and the high altitude sun hasn't been scortching. Tomorrow I am off to Idaho Falls, which will be my last scheduled stop on my whirl wind trip.

I need to thank some sponsors. Wild Bill, who is a friend of Brian's and who I have met on a couple of occasions and our good friends Bill and Heather have been the amazing sponsores of the last week or so. Heather was instrumental in talking us into the trip, as she went East to West a number of years ago and let Brian and I watch the movie her friends made of the trip. Thanks Heather!

3 comments:

  1. Have a good time Idaho Falls -- nice people there. I spent a night there a few years back on my way to Montana. Also, let me know if you are heading through Davis and want to get a bite to eat. It would be great to see you on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe.....glad to hear you're having a good time in Rock Springs. I'm curious.....where's the disc golf course? If you want to go to the super regional baseball games next weekend....swing thru Phoenix on your way home. We play Clemson. If we win I might go to Omaha for the world series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any chance you're dropping through the Portland/Salem area on your way back? If so.. you know you've got a place to stay and a few free meals.
    kate

    ReplyDelete